Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mason Jar Fruit Salads

I know how busy we all are and trying to eat healthy sometimes falls down the list after everything else we have going on. I've been working on being proactive and preparing as much healthy food as I can and making it easy and portable! I also now have a love of mason jars, they're smaller and cuter than all those isn't mismatched Tupperware containers!!

Every Sunday after my grocery store trip I take all of my fruit out and do a vinegar soak (that post is coming!) I chop everything up and layer into mason jars, I try to get 7 made for the week. The great thing about these is the you can customize with any kind of fruit you want or whatever is in season. The vinegar wash helps preserve the fruit and the air tight container helps everything stay fresh until you eat a chance to eat it!

I do try to put whatever is squishier at the bottom so that you can pack as much fruit in there as possible, it helps to shake the jar and press lightly to get everything to lay flat. This one is relatively boring but it was all they had on sale this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment